Please find below the event information as it currently stands. We are constantly reviewing all information and the final event information will be shared as a race information pack in advance of the event.
Race Start / Finish – The provisional start time is 9am (TBC). The finish will be at the same location as the start! One full loop of the Island.
Running Route – the run 48 mile route will follow the same course as the round island walk and will take place on trails, cliffs paths, roads and pavements.
Relay Running Legs – Five runners will make up a running relay team.
Please see the 2017 distances below. The 2018 relay leg details will be confirmed soon.
|Relay Legs||Distance Information||Description of Leg|
|1: Top of Waterfront Car Park (SH) to St Catherine||0.0 – 10.9 miles (10.9miles)||Flat|
|2: St Catherine to La Fontaine||10.9 – 22.9 Miles (12.0 miles)||Rugged off road hills. Coastal|
|3: La Fontaine to Grosnez||22.9 – 29.6 Miles (6.7 miles)||Rugged off road hills. Coastal|
|4: Grosnez to Beauport||29.6 – 38.9 Miles (9.3 miles)||Mainly flat, latter section coastal path|
|5: – Beauport to Top of Waterfront Car Park (Finish)||38.9 – 48 Miles (9.1 miles)||Coastal paths and flat|
Additional Running Information
- All full distance runners should have completed a marathon before entering
- All relay runners should have completed a 10k race before entering
- All full distance runners should carry their own hydration packs
- All relay runners should carry at least a 0.5l bottle of fluids
- Water and isotonic drinks will be provided at each relay change over point
- Chocolate, crisps and fruit will also be supplied at relay change over point
- Whilst the course will be signposted, runners should be familiar with the course before setting off
- Runners should carry a mobile phone with them for extra security and safety
Runner Information Race Pack – a detailed race information document will be provided for all runners nearer the event date.
Team Sign Up Process – We only need the team captains to sign up initially for a team entry. The remaining team members can register at a later date and at any time on the online system.
Role of Team Captain – The team captain should appoint runners for each leg and share this information with the organisers. Should a team change then no problem, just keep us updated so that we know who is in your final team.
Training Sessions – training sessions on the cliff paths will be scheduled in the run up to the event.
Post Race Prize-giving and Drinks
All participants of all five race categories are invited to join us for some celebratory drinks at the Event HQ Marquee. The location and prize-giving time is to be confirmed. All competitors should be back to attend. All medals and top performer awards will be handed out on the evening. Finger food will be provided courtesy of the event sponsors.
All competitors who finish before 6pm are invited to the Event HQ where a few iced beers will be waiting with the event team!