- Swim Relay (45 miles) – A swim relay team will consist of six people. One swimmer will be in in the water at any given time and rotate with a team member every hour. Other team members will remain in the support boat provided by the event.
- Run Solo & Relay (48 miles) – A solo runner will circumnavigate the entire island via the coastal path. A running team will consist of five runners. Each runner will complete a leg of the same island course. To view the course map click here. (Coming soon)
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding Solo & Relay (45 miles) – A solo SUPer will circumnavigate the entire island. Please note we encourage each individual to‘Buddy Up’ for the duration of the challenge . A SUP team will consist of 5 people, and the island course will be split into five sections.
- Rowing Solo & Team Solo (45 miles) – A solo rower will circumnavigate the entire island. A rowing team will circumnavigate the entire island, completing a leg of the island race each. Teams will consist of either 2 man or 4 man crew.
- Kayak/ Canoe Solo & Relay (45 miles) – A solo kayaker/ canoer will circumnavigate the entire island. A kayak/ canoe team will consist of five people, who will circumnavigate the entire island, completing a leg of the island race each.
Important Race InformationEach race category will be managed by a relevant local club, who will provide essential support, training and safety guidelines. For the sake of safety, every entrant must first demonstrate that they are fit and capable to participate in this endurance event. Sign off for participation will come from an experienced Jersey club member. We are grateful to the below clubs who are confirmed partners for the event:
- Jersey Long Distance Swimming Club (JLDSC)
- Jersey Paddle Club
- Jersey Rowing Club
- Jersey Canoe Club
A detailed map of the water- based and run course, including changeover points will appear here very soon.Please review the specific category information pages for more information on each discipline.
Trophies will be awarded to the solo and team winner of each category.All finishers will receive a souvenir t-shirt.
Due to tides on the day the Swim category will start at 8am from Elizabeth Castle. The estimated start times for all other categories will be as follows from the Steam Clock / St Helier Marina:
- Swim: 8am
- Run: 8am
- Row: 9am
- Kayak: 9am
- SUP: 9am
Registration and Race Pack Collection
Please note race packs will not be posted out to entrants. Location and timings for collection will be confirmed nearer the time.
Inclement Weather Contingency Plan
For all water based race categories, should the wind be force 4 or above then the race will relocate to the shelter of St. Catherine’s Bay.